Strength & Conditioning Coach
Thomas is a local to the Puget Sound area and a graduate of Western Washington University.
Over the last decade, he has been fortunate to work and learn alongside brilliant coworkers in both the Performance Training and Healthcare industries, forging a unique skill set that merges injury rehabilitation and athletic development. His approach begins with identifying/isolating joint instability, addressing it with specific rehabilitation exercises, increasing strength thresholds through resistance training, and eventually learning to integrate this strength into a specific skill or concept.
Through his experiences in the healthcare industry, Thomas has formed a direct relationship with Dr. Mimi Johnson and specializes in return to sport training for pediatric athletes who have experienced back injuries (stress fracture/reaction, disc herniation).
Outside of preparing young athletes to return to their sport, Thomas works extensively with tennis, water polo, and soccer players and is a coach with ATI's Major League Baseball Offseason Strength program.
Education and Certifiation:
- Western Washington University, B.S. Kinesiology, 2012
- MAT Specialist Program graduate, 2012
- American Council on Exercise Personal Trainer, 2013
- Rain City Water Polo Strength & Conditioning Coach (2016 - current)
- Studying the Exercise Professional coursework with the goal of testing for Resistance Training Specialist Mastery in 2022
Three Fun Facts:
- Thomas was a flag boy for the Sounders in 1997 and remains an ardent supporter to this day.
- He lives with his wife, 13-year-old pup, and two 16-year-old cats in Ballard!
- Thomas was born in Rome but holds citizenship from both the UK and USA